13 September, 2006

Sammy the SSSSSnake


Yeah, it's been awhile, but that whole thing happened with the alleged Jonbenet killer, and I was busy.
I must say that while I am fascinated by true life murder, I have no such fascination with child murder. It is my belief that when proven guilty in a court of law, each and every child offender be castrated without the luxury of anesthesia! Bastards!
Ok, that said, onto Sammy...
This cute snake was caught right in my own backyard here! I was minding my own business when Sammy (henceforth known as) came slithering past my foot. I must note that I am no fan of spiders, and it has taken me more than 20 years to get over (did I say get over?) a panic stricken fear of them (I had a brother with a tarantula- but that's a whole other scary story!). But snakes? NO problem! After my son slithered after Sammy, caught him, named him, and had Sammy pee on him, we took turns passing him around and marveling at his whole being! (Sammy, not my son!)
I'm afraid fall is already here, and there isn't much time before Sammy slithers away and snow flies! Winter. That's when things get real dark. Come January it's all I can do to stay awake until 7:30 p.m. (and from 4p.m. till 7:30p.m. all I do is sit on the couch with my salt lick, and stare into space). ... Ever see the SHINING? You get the picture.....

2 comments:

mGk said...

Does that make him Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. Jr.?

Elliot said...

Oh Nora...sankes and spiders and winter. Aahhh, Maine. Some day I'll make it back up there.