08 October, 2007

...and the Hookah Smoking Caterpillar has given you the Call..


This is a photo that I have chased down for years! I have stopped at this smoke shop several times over the last 2 years trying to take a decent photo of this 10 foot Hookah Smoking Caterpillar and the photos have never worked out, so again I stopped last weekend and finally got a pic I could live with.
This particular statue is a good hour drive away and I don't think about it until I'm in the neighboring town and then I usually only have my camera phone, and the natural lighting is never working in my favor! My family is sick of hearing about the damn thing, as I said we have stopped on several occasions, sometimes twice in one trip. Of course my kids don't get the reference but my husband and I sing the song, and "go ask Alice, when she's ten feet tall"!
So, now my quest is done, and there will be no more stops to take a picture, but-just to piss off the kids- we'll still be singing the song!

6 comments:

Molly said...

No more quest?? NOW what are you going to do? There's the whole rest of your life, you know. You need a new quest. Anybody have any good suggestions for a new quest? It's gotta be as good as catching a decent shot of the Hookah Smoking Caterpillar....

Elliot said...

Well, when looking for a quest, just...you know...

Remember what the doorknob said:
"Feed your head!"

mGk said...

"Read the directions and directly you will be directed in the right direction." - The Doorknob

mGk said...

Alice: But I don't want to go among mad people.

Cheshire Cat: Oh, you can't help that. Most everyone's mad here.

bridget said...

nHe must have taken the pill that makes you larger. Because the ones that mother gives you don't do anything at all. Says Marty

Molly said...

Wow... I think I just had a flashback!

Sweet...