16 June, 2007

The Water Feature



On a visit to the Middle West this spring, I had the pleasure of hanging out with a cousin I had not seen in years. We talked about being home owners and all that that brings to your life (bills, back-breaking work, fun ideas).
I told her about the "LOVELY" drain system that the previous home-owner had rigged up, and although it was efficient, it truly lacked any creativity. My cousin (being a self-proclaimed HGTV fanatic) said I ought to put a fish on the end of the pipe, so that it would drain from it's mouth. I could see that, but where to find the fish?
When I got back home I did find the perfect fish at my local RENY'S store . It was a copper watering can in the shape of a fish (and oh- so reasonably priced!). I brought it home and half an hour later, the WATER FEATURE was up and running!
I hope the pictures do it justice.
Thanks Kathleen!


4 comments:

bridget said...

does kathleen know about this blog? she really needs to see this. it's lovely!!!

bridget said...

i shared this w/joe and mike last night...they both like the watering can and thought your use of it clever! b.

Molly said...

I see a coy pond in your future... and maybe a waterfall? Also, I have a request... can we get a shot of the fish in action? I know, it'll be tricky, but you can do it! I know you can!

mGk said...

That drain pipe is ridiculous. the fish however, marvelous!